Warberry School demonstrates an utterly distinctive Christian character. The core values are known and lived out by the whole community and impact positively on relationships, attitudes and achievement. SIAMS 2013.
About our School
Warberry Primary School is a Church of England Foundation Primary School, opened on 6 January 1972. It was built on the site of the former Winchester Lodge Preparatory School for Boys, and extended in October 1989 as a replacement for the old Torwood C E School and Madrepore Road annexe.
There are 14 classrooms, a Nursery, a large hall, 3 playgrounds, KS1 and KS2 libraries and a computer suite. We have a large sports field adjacent to school. The children use the field for playtimes in the dry summer months and for games lessons (e.g. football, rounders, and athletics).
Aims and Values
Warberry C of E Foundation Primary School aims to provide a happy, safe, stimulating environment, and a curriculum of the highest quality, which will enable our children:-
- To develop a sense of self-respect and individual worth, as well as the ability to co-operate, and where respect for others is encouraged.
- To respect the religious, spiritual and moral beliefs of others and to consider their own attitudes, values and beliefs; celebrating the Church of England major religious festivals and being provided with Christian principles on which to base their behaviour and life both inside and outside school.
- To develop lively, enquiring minds, together with a positive wish to learn, to question and to argue rationally, and to apply themselves diligently to task.
- To develop positive qualities of human feeling and imagination and an appreciation of human achievement and endeavour.
- To fulfil their potential in acquiring knowledge and skills relevant in a quickly changing world, and to be self-reliant and adaptable.
- To experience and appreciate the satisfaction of creativity.
- To appreciate our cultural and artistic heritage.
- To understand that cultural diversity, race and gender quality are fundamental to good citizenship.
- To fulfil to the highest standard their own academic potential and to prepare for secondary education.
- To experience, on a regular basis, residential field study centre experience which provides social experience and education of a high quality.
Christian Values are at the heart of the school and the whole school community selected Friendship, Forgiveness, Thankfulness & Trust as the special Christian values for our school.